Accident/Injured at Work Lawyers in Los Angeles, CA
Hurt at Work? Call Our Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Los Angeles, CA Today
Getting injured at work does not have to take the significant toll you think it will, the moment the accident occurs. At Joe, Southard & Yeoh LLP our injured at work attorneys in Los Angeles, CA represent people who have questions about their future, their health, and their income after suffering an injury at work. We have the answers, and are here to help. Call and speak with one of our knowledgeable Los Angeles injured at work lawyer today at (424)325-2205.
Our Los Angeles accident at work lawyers cannot emphasize enough that the extent of your injury does not matter. If you are an employee that is hurt at work, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits in California. Our proficient and accomplished legal team can help you pursue the medical care and wage recovery assistance you need to heal fully.
Establishing a Injury at Work Claim in Los Angeles, California
At Joe, Southard & Yeoh LLP our Los Angeles injured at work attorneys focus on helping injured workers obtain workers’ compensation benefits. We successfully represent our clients who have been hurt at work. Our attorneys proactively and knowledgeably navigate the complex workers’ compensation system in California to provide our clients with the best representation available in the state for those who are hurt at work.
California is a no-fault workers’ compensation state. Employees who are injured at work do not have to prove that their employer caused their injury. Generally speaking, if you are an employee that is hurt at work in California, regardless of who caused your injury, or what the extent of your injuries may be, you can obtain medical treatment and wage replacement if a medical physician determines you need time off work to heal or cannot return to work due to your work injuries.
Our Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorneys can help you pursue your claim, as we work tirelessly to ensure you receive the benefits you are entitled to.
Injured at Work: It Can Happen to Anyone
Getting injured at work is more common than most might think. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2015, there were:
- 2.9 million non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses in the private sector
- Over 752,600 non-fatal injury and illness cases among the 18 million state and local government employees
Common Contributors to Getting Injured at Work
Whether you work in an office, construction site or other location, certain hazards may be obvious while other hazards are practically impossible to foresee. Some of the most common ways employees are injured at work can include:
- Slip and fall
- Falls from heights
- Material handling
- Tool accidents
- Struck by/against an object
- Machinery accidents
- Vehicle accidents
- Repetitive motion injuries
What steps should I take after I’m injured at work in California?
- Seek medical treatment: This may sound obvious, but be sure to make a trip to the doctor after getting hurt on the job. Many workers feel like they should “tough it out” after they get injured at work, waiting until they are off the clock to seek help for an injury. However, this can make your injuries worse, and can even make an insurance adjuster or administrative law judge question the severity of your injury if you were able to keep working afterward.
- Immediately report your injury to your employer: You need to make sure your employer is notified of your injury. This is a critical step in beginning the process of filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Speak with any witnesses to your accident, and get their contact information: Some workers’ compensation insurers will deny claims, attempting to argue that your injury was not caused by the job. Having a co-worker or other witness who can testify to what really happened when you got hurt can strengthen your claim.
- Contact a skilled Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorney: After your work injuries, representatives from an insurance company will try to obtain a written or recorded statement. They may also try to get you to settle your claims immediately, offering what might sound like a generous amount of money in exchange for an agreement not to continue pursuing your claims. Do not agree to make any official statements or sign any releases before you have the chance to talk to an attorney. Making a recorded statement can come back to haunt you later on in your claim, especially if you get confused or overwhelmed and say something you don’t mean to. While a settlement offer might seem generous at the time, you may be entitled to more—much more—than an insurer lets on. Our experienced and knowledgeable work injury lawyers at Joe, Southard & Yeoh LLP provide you with assistance when you need it and fight for you when you have been hurt on the job.
How Joe, Southard & Yeoh LLP Can Help an Employee Who Was Injured at Work in Los Angeles, CA
Our veteran Los Angeles injured at work attorneys have over 45 years of combined experience. Our Los Angeles law firm focuses on representing employees who are injured at work, which allows us to focus on the details of each case from start to finish.
We will begin our assessment of your claim with a free consultation, which will allow you to comfortably explain your injury, and the medical and financial needs associated with healing. Our law firm never charges any upfront fees, and we only recover our legal costs when we obtain a settlement on your behalf or prevail at trial and win your case. If you don’t receive a settlement or award at trial, we don’t seek any payment from you.
We will proactively file all required workers’ compensation documents to begin the case.
We will work aggressively to reach a settlement and are prepared to litigate a case if parties cannot reach an agreement.
Our experience in injured at work compensation representation is unmatched in Los Angeles, CA.
Contact Our Accident at Work Attorneys in Los Angeles, CA Today
If you have been injured at work, our accident at work lawyers in Los Angeles, CA are available now to answer any questions you have regarding your potential case simply by calling (424)325-2205. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and allow us to explain your legal options for financial recovery and medical care. Getting injured at work can be devastating. Our Los Angeles injured at work attorneys can help you focus on healing while we handle the details of your case quickly and effectively.