Injured at Work Lawyers Los Angeles, CA
Hurt at Work? Call Our Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Los Angeles, CA Today
Getting injured at work does not have to take the significant toll you think it will, the moment the accident occurs. At Joe, Southard & Yeoh LLP our workers’ compensation attorneys in Los Angeles, CA represent people who have questions about their future, their health, and their income after suffering an injury at work. We have the answers.
Our lawyers cannot emphasize enough that the extent of your injury does not matter. If you are an employee that is hurt at work, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits in California. Our proficient and accomplished legal team can help you pursue the medical care and wage recovery assistance you need to heal fully.
Establishing a Work Injury Claim in California
At Joe, Southard & Yeoh LLP our attorneys focus on workers’ compensation. We successfully represent our clients who have been hurt at work. Our attorneys protactively and knowledgeably navigate the complex workers’ compensation system in California to provide our clients with the best representation available in the state for those who are hurt at work.
California is a no-fault workers’ compensation state. Employees who are injured at work do not have to prove that their employer caused their injury. Generally speaking, if you are an employee that is hurt at work in California, regardless of who caused your injury, or what the extent of your injuries may be, you can obtain medical treatment and replacement wages if a medical physician determines you need time off work to heal or cannot return to work due to your work injuries.
Our workers’ compensation attorneys can help you pursue your claim, as we work tirelessly to ensure you receive the benefits you are entitled to.
Injured at Work: It Can Happen to Anyone
Getting injured at work is more common than most might think. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, last year there were:
- 2.9 million non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses in the private sector
- Over 752,600 non-fatal injury and illness cases among the 18 million state and local government employees
Common Contributors to Getting Injured at Work
Whether you work in an office or on a construction site, certain hazards may be obvious while other hazards are practically impossible to foresee. Some of the most common ways employees are injured at work can include:
- Slip and fall
- Falls from heights
- Material handling
- Tool accidents
- Struck by/against object
- Machinery accidents
- Vehicle accidents
- Repetitive motion injuries
How Joe, Southard & Yeoh LLP Can Help an Employee Who Was Injured at Work
If you have been injured at work, our veteran attorneys have over 45 years of combined experience in representing workers’ compensation claims. Our firm focuses on representing clients who are injured at work, which allows us to focus on the details of each case from start to finish.
We will begin our assessment of your claim with a free consultation, which will allow you to comfortably explain your injury and the medical and financial needs associated with healing. Our law firm never charges upfront fees, and we only recover our legal costs when we win your case. If you don’t receive a settlement or award at trial, we don’t seek payment from you.
We will proactively file all required workers’ compensation documents to begin the case.
We will work aggressively to reach a settlement and are prepared to litigate a case if parties cannot reach an agreement.
Our experience in workers’ compensation representation is unmatched in Los Angeles, CA.
Contact Our Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Los Angeles, CA Today
If you have been injured at work, our workers’ compensation attorneys in Los Angeles, CA are available now to answer any questions you have regarding your potential case simply by calling (424) 325-2205. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and allow us to explain your legal options for financial recovery and medical care. Getting injured at work can be devastating. Our attorneys can help you focus on healing while we handle the details of your case quickly and effectively.
What steps should I take after I’m injured at work in California?
- Seek medical treatment: This may sound obvious, but be sure to make a trip to the doctor the first thing you do after getting hurt on the job. Many workers feel like they should “tough it out” after they get injured at work, waiting until they’re off the clock to seek help for an injury. However, this can make your injuries worse, and can even make an insurance adjuster or administrative law judge believe that your injuries couldn’t have been very serious if you were able to keep working afterward.
- Report your injury to your employer: You need to make sure your employer is notified of your injury. This is a critical step in beginning the process of filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Speak with any witnesses to your accident, and get their contact information: Some workers’ compensation insurers will contest claims for damages, attempting to argue that your injury occurred while you were off the job, or that you behaved recklessly and caused your own injuries with this behavior. Having a coworker or other eyewitness who can testify to what really happened when you got hurt can strengthen your claim.
- Contact a skilled Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorney: After your injuries, representatives from an insurance company will try to get you to make a recorded statement. They may also try to get you to settle your claims immediately, offering what might sound like a generous amount of money in exchange for an agreement not to continue pursuing your claims. Before you have the chance to talk to an attorney, don’t agree to make any official statements or sign any releases. Making a recorded statement can come back to haunt you later on in your claim, especially if you get confused or overwhelmed and say something you don’t mean on the record. While a settlement offer might seem generous at the time, you may be entitled to more—much more—than an insurer lets on. Our seasoned work injury lawyers at Joe, Southard & Yeoh LLP can offer you an objective assessment of the value of your claim.